The Great Australian Bucket List [GABL] is an online service that provides recommendations for tours, activities, destinations, resorts, vacations, travel packages, travel guides and services. It is the companion site to the book, The Great Australian Bucket List.
We understand that providing information online involves a great deal of trust in us, and we take this seriously. It is priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us. Before using this Web site or submitting your personal information to us, please read this Policy carefully to learn about our privacy practices. By using this Web site or submitting personal information, you consent to the collection, use, disclosure of your personal information (as defined below) in accordance with the practices described herein. If you do not agree with these terms, do not use this Website or provide any personal information to us.
The Information We Collect From You
In General. We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you or that can be identified as being about you (“personal information”), including your first and last name, e-mail addresses, user name and password. We may also request information about your travel plans, style, and preferences. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to enjoy the benefits of being a registered member and get value from the website.
Automatic Information. We collect session information about your computer when you visit GABL. For example, we will collect session data, including your IP address, Web browser software, and referring Web site. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed and pages visited. We use this information to help us understand the interests of our users and customize your user experience.
Our site also may use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a Web page. We may use Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party Web site, and to improve site performance. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
GABL is committed to providing you with relevant content and information on our website, mobile and social media platforms. We do not share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties so they can spam you.
Data collected by business partners and ad networks to serve you with relevant advertising
Many of the advertisements you see on our site are served by us or our participating partners. We may also allow third parties to collect information about your online activities through cookies and other technologies. These third parties may include (1) business partners, who collect information when you view or interact with one of their advertisements on our sites, and (2) advertising networks like Google, who collect information about your interests when you view or interact with one of the advertisements they place on many different Web sites on the Internet. The information gathered by these third parties is used to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display advertisements on our sites and across the Internet tailored to your apparent interests.
How we use your information
With whom we share your information
GABL may share your information with the following entities:
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may offer products or services in conjunction with. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear either with ours or separately. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners and we encourage you to review their privacy policies.
- Affiliated Web sites. If you were referred to GABL from another Web site, we may share your registration information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and travel preferences, about you with that referring Web site. We have not placed limitations on the referring Web sites’ use of personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any Web site that referred you to GABL.
- GABL is owned by Esrocking the World Media Inc [EWM]. We may share your personal information with EWM.
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of GABL, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our Web site receives or the most popular experiences and destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How you can access your information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete. You can access and update your contact information by signing in and clicking on the Lock icon at the top right of the page on the GABL Web site. You may request access to other personal information that we have about you by sending an email to the email address listed below. You can close your GABL account by contacting us at the same email address. We will send you an e-mail to confirm your request. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity.
Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain features offered on GABL.
- You also can add or update information and close your account as described above.
- As a registered GABL member, you can modify your e-mail subscription choices.
- Whether registered as a GABL member or not, you also will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional messages in any such e-mail we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other service and privacy related communications, including service announcements and administrative messages relating to your GABL account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from GABL, you will not be able to access portions of our site.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using GABL, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no Web site can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. Through our service provider, we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
GABL is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 13 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
How you can contact us